The Sheng Yen Education Foundation (hereinafter ‘The Foundation’) provides a scholarship grant to support young scholars in Chinese Buddhism & the thoughts of Master Sheng Yen research. The grant is designed to reward one outstanding Ph.D. dissertation research.
Candidates received his/her Ph. D. degree within the past three years from a domestic or an international university; and the topics are related to Chinese Buddhism or the thoughts of Master Sheng Yen.
2. Award Amount:
NT$200,000 (tax included) will be awarded to one person every year.
3. Required Documents:
(1) The completed application form
(2) Identity document
(4) Curriculum Vita
(5) Ph. D. dissertation (including the signature page for oral defense)
(6) Transcript of Ph. D. program (please mail the official transcript to the Foundation and e-mail an electronic copy to email@example.com);
(7) Ph. D. diploma
(8) Two recommendation letters; the recommender should mail the original letter directly to the Foundation and e-mail an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org;
(9) Other reference documents
4. Application period:
Required application materials should be e-mailed to email@example.com during September 01 and October 31, every year. Applicants who are not eligible for the grant, sent in incomplete documents or applied after the deadline will not be considered.
5. Sheng Yen Center for Chinese Buddhist Studies committee will review all the qualified applicants and make the final decision. The winner will be announced in January the following year on our website. The announcement may be postponed if necessary.
6. Grantee is obliged to attend the conference held by The Foundation for the award and give a presentation about the research.
7. The regulations are formally submitted by Sheng Yen Center for Chinese Buddhist Studies and come into effect upon the approval of Board of Directors of The Foundation. The same procedure should apply for amendments.